dark matters chart chances

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: dark matters chart chances

Post by evonx »

Chart chances? Difficult... I predict a number 3 8)
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
adeinblack
Rats Rally

Post by adeinblack »

Number 12 I reckon
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I'd be surprised if it stays Top 5. Was reading on the Manics forums and Manics have started throwing in more free merch with their album sales. Apparently, Steps have reduced their album to £4.99. I can't imagine Stranglers being dynamic enough to push further.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

OK who is going to admit to buying the new Steps album? Keeping Dark Matters at number 3,shame on you. Lt Kudu. :smt005
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Greatkudu wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 11:23 OK who is going to admit to buying the new Steps album? Keeping Dark Matters at number 3,shame on you. Lt Kudu. :smt005
I bet its Staninblack bulk buying them! :grin:
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

jason wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 11:47
Greatkudu wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 11:23 OK who is going to admit to buying the new Steps album? Keeping Dark Matters at number 3,shame on you. Lt Kudu. :smt005
I bet its Staninblack bulk buying them! :grin:
That's a hell of an assumption to make based on absolutely nothing :lol: I wasn't aware that Steps were still a going concern until someone posted a link to the chart - glad to see the Manics above them on the chart as they were in '98 :grin:
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

Just listening to the Steps album "for context" - I quite like it, especially A Hundred Years Of Winter - they could've sold that title to the Manics :lol:
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

Well I've done all I can, I bought it on red vinyl and cd plus bought another cd this morning for a friend who is not into the band as he once was. I just wish more formals were available in high st record shops. Fopp records in manchester had the cd on this morning. They need to release No Man's Land next with massive promotion.
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

Sorry formals should have read formats on above post, got sore left eye and and can't see to good today.
Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Cricklewood »

Those are great numbers to see. I think it's a success if Dark Matters finish in the top 20
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I guess if you were toying with buying any other formats etc then this week would be the week to go through with it

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

giants wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 12:49 Well I've done all I can, I bought it on red vinyl and cd plus bought another cd this morning for a friend who is not into the band as he once was. I just wish more formals were available in high st record shops. Fopp records in manchester had the cd on this morning. They need to release No Man's Land next with massive promotion.
I don't think No Man's Land would do anything if it was released. Surely it's too uncommercial. I think all 3 singles released should have got attention but haven't so I'm not sure if anything would do well as a single now.